Sunday, 14 October 2012

Good Things This Week


1. Early morning Gus walks.


My goal this week is to actually get up at 7:00. Not hit the snooze until 7:30 (I know I am not alone in this...right?!). It's rather difficult to get out of a nice warm cozy bed especially when it is still dark out. I cannot wait till we set the clocks back and it is even DARKER (not). Oh dear. Anyway it just makes Gus's morning when I drag myself out of bed and take him for a nice long walk. He whines like a little piglet as soon as I get near the door hoping I'll take him. It's funny how happy it makes me to see him so happy. I imagine this is what parents feel like taking their kids to the park :)


2.Walking Dead


Eek! Can't wait to watch the new season! They finally introduced Michonne and I am eager to see her kick some zombie ass. The first episode actually starts tonight but a) We have no cable and don't feel like driving all the way to my parents and b) if I watch 2 hours of zombie before bed I definitely won't be able to sleep. I have an odd fondness/horror of zombies. It's hard to explain. I'll watch it on demand during daylight during the week sometime.


3. A new do


I had initially decided to get my hair dyed obre-like but then I came across this photo today and it was full on hair at first sight love.


4. Trying out a new recipe from Magnolia Bakery Complete Cookbook


I am a sucker for cookbooks. A lot of the time I don't even cook what's in them, I just like to read the little recipe preambles and the techniques used and such. I realize this is not normal. Oh man, and retro cookbooks? I die! Dave bought me Mastering the Art of French Cooking Set by Julia Child (!!!) for my birthday last year and I have yet to really make anything from it. On sick days and lazy Sunday mornings I lug them out and read random chapters.  Anyway, the point I'm trying to get at is I'm really looking forward to making something tasty to bring in to work.


5. Comedy Bar


Our friend Matt is performing in an improv show at Comedy Bar this weekend and we're pumped to drive down and go watch him do his thang.


6. Pumpkin Patch


One of my favourite things to do in the fall is go to a pumpkin patch. There's something about being bundled up in the country that is very nostalgic for me. Speaking of nostalgic, we're actually going to go visit the pumpkin  patch I used to go to when I was a kid! How awesome is that?! It's a little bit of a drive but I've been wanting to go back for ages now. I wonder if they will still have those pumpkin people in the outhouses? Or the giant dragon made of pumpkins that actually moves around!?! I am very VERY excited for this.


What things are you looking forward to this week?


p.s  This is a lovely little post 

1 comment:

  1. Nice post.

    Here's my response...

    Continuing to regularly go to the gym (fingers crossed). I'm thinking sweaty yoga.

    Ultimate Frisbee. This time I'm going to bring a touque and mittens (brrrrr).

    Trying a new recipe tomorrow for dinner. It almost certainly won't top your English onion soup tonight (yum), but it'll be far better than frozen fish sticks and fries (damn right). What do you want me to cook?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...