Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Sophie Dahl: Be My Friend!


So I first fell in love with Miss Dahl after I saw her cooking show on the Food Network. I instantly knew that's what I wanted my life to look like; big open kitchen with fresh flowers everywhere, messy hair in a bun, a glass of wine/tea on the counter and cooking amazing food with equally amazing ingredients (read: cheese and bread!)

(Cool facts: Sophie is Roald Dahl’s granddaughter! Crazy! And she used to be a model! Not so crazy!)

Anyway, I was at a discount book store the other day and found the above book on sale for $7.99!!! Had to be mine!



The book is pretty lovely. I made her “Tawny Granola” tonight. I've never made granola before, but tawny granola? It sounded too perfect not to make. And save for the fact that my oven actually destroys everything I place inside it, the granola came out half alive and kicking with amazing taste! Here’s the recipe if you want to try it for yourself.



Sophie Dahl to me means:

  • eating good food made from local organic ingredients

  • cooking your own food all the time

  • cozy cup of tea

  • decadent food in moderation

  • lazy afternoons spent listening to Otis Redding and baking banana bread

  • never low cal or artificial anything

  • really enjoying food! looking forward to eating every meal of the day


Sophie Dahl: Be My Friend!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...