Sunday, 9 December 2012

(mini) Library Haul

So I've been pretty busy lately (I did first aid allllllll weekend) so I just grabbed a few books from the library this week. Here's what I got:


This book is lovely. It's a kind of artsy road trip journal of France. It's filled with pages that look like this...



and this...



Neat huh? I only wish I was this artistic, I'd make all my journals look this pretty!


I also got:



I have very high expectations for this one (which is never good), since everyone raves about it. So far, it's pretty good, but I wouldn't say amazing or anything.


And lastly, I found this Raymond Briggs book/comic in the kids section!



Have you ever read anything by Raymond Briggs? He is BY FAR my favourite children's author/illustrator. And he makes wonderful comics too. The Snowman is my favourite movie to watch every Christmas. It always reminds me of my Mum's friend Becky. I used to go to her big old cozy house a lot when I was growing up. This one time around Christmas I vividly remember how she had a giant real Christmas tree decorated all in white and gold, a fire going, she made me some hot chocolate and put on The Snowman. Perfection! To this day I still watch it every year and decorate my Christmas tree just like hers.


It's funny how little things can make you so nostalgic, huh?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...