Sunday, 13 January 2013

Honey Hot Chocolate

IMG_1457

Today it is Sunday and a (rather warm) rainy day. And rainy Sundays like these are perfect for Honey Hot Chocolate. When I was at the library I was looking through the children's cooking section and found the cutest cookbook called The Winnie the Pooh Cookbook. As you can imagine almost every recipe has honey in it. This was the first time I had actually tried real hot cocoa from scratch. I've always just had the pre-packaged powder stuff before. This one has a deeper chocolaty flavour, which I now think prefer.

Honey Hot Chocolate for a Very Blustery Day Outside (this is the actual name of the recipe!)

For 1 cup

  • 1/4 cup of water

  • 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa

  • 1-2 tbsp honey

  • 3/4 cup milk

  • pinch of salt


Stir and simmer the water, cocoa and salt over low heat for about 2 minutes or until smooth. Add honey and milk. When it is very hot and before it boils, remove from the heat and serve.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I have never tried honey in hot chocolate. It sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...