Yesterday Dave and I had to stop at the grocery store after work and we were both starving. Bad idea for grocery shopping. So naturally we bought some 50% off chocolate croissants for a snack. Well needless to say they were 50% off for a reason. Rats. So instead of ditching them I whipped up some chocolate bread pudding. Which I have never actually had before, so I have no idea if I made it right, but it tasted amazing.
(50% off) Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding
- 3-4 old stale chocolate croissants cut up into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp sugar
- a bar of chocolate chopped (I had milk chocolate on hand)
- 2 eggs
1) Preheat your oven to 350 and butter an 8x8 dish and dump the croissant pieces into it.
2) In a little pot heat up the milk, butter, and chocolate until the chocolate has melted
3) In a small bowl whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla together.
4) Whisk the egg mixture into the warmed milk mixture, and pour over the croissant pieces. Make sure all of the bread is soaked.
5) Bake for about 20-30 minutes until the custard part is puffy and set. This tastes best with vanilla ice cream.