Saturday, 20 April 2013

(fancy) Baked Sweet Potato

Here's something I made tonight using the remnants of the groceries from the week. I gotta say, this is pretty impressive for me; my fall back is usually "breakfast for dinner" when I have no groceries left. So this baby is pretty epic! It looks a bit odd, but it definitely tastes awesome, trust me.

sweetpot

 

(fancy) Baked Sweet Potato



  • sweet potato

  • 1 large yellow onion sliced

  • butter and/or olive oil

  • handful of pine nuts, toasted

  • plain greek yogurt (or sour cream)

  • salt & pepper


Make It



  1. Bake your potato in a 400 degree oven until it is soft all the way through when pierced with a knife (mine took about 40 minutes)

  2. While your potato is baking, heat up a frying pan on medium low heat. Add about 1 tbsp of olive oil and a little scoop of butter, then add it your sliced onions. Slowly saute them until they're caramelized.

  3. Slice your potato in half and top with onions, greek yogurt/sour cream, pine nuts, and salt & pepper. (I added half an avocado as a side)


sweetpotato2 sweetpotato

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...