Monday, 10 June 2013

Roasted & Stuffed Acorn Squash

004I made this the other night when Dave was working late. It comes from one of my favourite cookbooks by Sophie Dahl. (Seriously, go buy it, it's really good) This has mint in it, which I'm slowly coming around to. I always thought mint was weird when you added it to savory dishes. I felt that It really only belonged with chocolate for the longest time.  But what do you know it's pretty dang tasty used in a non-chocolate dish! You should try it.

Sophie Dahl's "My Mama's Baked Acorn Squash" (slightly adapted)


Ingredients



  • 2 acorn squash

  • frozen peas

  • olive oil

  • 1-2 tbsp butter

  • handful of fresh mint chopped

  • 1 tbsp brown sugar

  • salt & pepper

  • feta cheese


Make It


1) Preheat oven to 350. Cut the squash in half and remove seeds. Place on a baking tray face up and drizzle with olive oil. Bake until soft.

2) In a pan stir peas, brown sugar and butter together until peas have defrosted and are heated through. Toss with mint.

3) Scoops some of your pea mixture into the squash and top with feat (I like it with lots of feta) and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Yum!

003

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...