Monday, 15 July 2013

Campfire Feast: a bit of everything

This was our last dinner before we headed home. We pretty much tried to use up all of the leftover food. It was pretty epic, if I may say. We all agreed that a meal of just vegetables had never tasted so amazing.  Here's what we made:IMG_19192 IMG_19196Here's how to roughly make everything (some of it is probably self explanatory)

Camembert


This was something I picked up from Jamie Oliver (swoooon). Just take the camembert, pluck some rosemary leaves and put on top, with some minced garlic and olive oil and wrap it in tinfoil. Then just pop it over the fire until it's all melty and delicious. We ate this on baked potatoes and (fire) warmed baguette. It also tastes amazing on precooked noodles too.

Baked Onions


This was my brother's recipe. Just wrap a whole onion in tinfoil and toss it right into the fire, like right on to the coals. Make sure to flip them around every once and a while. I think they took about 45 minutes or so. Then you just unwrap them, peel off the burnt layer and eat! We poured some roasted garlic in oil over these.

Roasted Garlic in Olive Oil


This was something I made at home before I left. I just roasted 4 heads of garlic and then squeezed the cloves into a jar and poured some olive oil on top. The oil tastes amazing afterwards. I am definitely keeping a jar of these in my fridge from now on.

Roasted Red Peppers and Sweet Potatoes


Well, come on, I'm sure you can figure out how we made these!

IMG_1994

Camping food is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...