Thursday, 8 August 2013

Chocolate Mint (Brownie) Cookies

IMG_3840

Today I had a crazy desire to cook and bake. All day. Luckily my parents are out of town so I took over their rather large kitchen. I made 2 quiches, a batch of mellow meatballs for my friend (recipe to come!), 4 mason jars of vanilla rice pudding and these babies. I'M A MACHINE! Anyway these cookies were the easiest thing I made and were probably my favourite. They're a little more dense than a regular cookie, almost like a brownie. But that's always a plus in my book.

Chocolate Mint Cookies (from Nigella)


Ingredients



  • ½ cup soft butter

  • ¾ cup soft light brown sugar

  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

  • 1 large egg

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour

  • ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa

  • ½ teaspoon baking powder

  • 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips ( I used white chocolate)


for the glaze



  • ½ cup confectioners' sugar

  • 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa (sieved)

  • 2 tablespoons boiling water*

  • ¼ teaspoon peppermint essence


Make it!

1) Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugar together, then add egg and vanilla and beat together.

2) Mix the dry ingredients together and then add to the wet, mix to combine. Stir in chocolate chips.

3) Scoop cookie dough (as big or small as you like) on to a parchment paper-lined pan and bake for 10-12 minutes (I did 10).

4) While cookies are baking combine glaze ingredients in a pot over low heat and stir to combine. Once it`s nice and smooth remove from heat. * I didn't bother boiling the water before mixing it into the glaze and it turned out fine.

5) Once your cookies are out of the oven and on a cooling rack, drizzle them with the glaze.IMG_3839

IMG_3843Enjoy!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...