I made a batch of these the other day for my friend who recently had a baby (and now has much more important things to do than spend an entire afternoon cooking meatballs). This is one of my favourite one pot meals to make and keep in the freezer. Pull it out, heat it up and pour it over some rice or quinoa and you've got an amazing dinner! Again, this is from my well loved Nigella Express book, which, surprise surprise, I happened to find at a thrift store for $4. Score!
Mellow Curry Meatballs adapted from Nigella Lawson
- 3 big tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- box of frozen meatballs
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 big can diced tomatoes
- 1 can chickpeas (drained)
- 1 sweet potato chopped
- 4 small carrots chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- Heat the red curry paste and vegetable oil in a large pot; when it starts sizzling, add the meatballs, and coat them in the oil mixture.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and ginger over the meatballs and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, diced tomatoes and drained chickpeas. Stir in the sweet potato, and carrots, then the stock and honey.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 20-30 minutes until vegetables are soft and sauce has thickened slightly. Toss some cilantro on that baby.
- Either eat over some rice and quinoa or let it cool, and freeze it for another day.
Trust me, you will definitely thank your past self for making this.