Saturday, 3 August 2013

Naan Pizza with Mushrooms

IMG_2583I love pizza as much as the next person, especially homemade pizza. But sometimes I'm lazy and don't feel like making dough. I don't know why I didn't think to use naan bread instead of traditional dough before; it tastes way better (in my opinion) and they come in packs of 4, perfect for dinner! Here's one that I came up with based on what we had in the fridge.

Naan Pizza with Mushrooms


Ingredients

  • naan bread

  • old cheddar (or any cheese really)

  • mushrooms sliced

  • thyme or rosemary, leaves picked

  • chopped parsley

  • canned whole tomatoes (Italian if you can)

  • butter & olive oil

  • salt & pepper


Make It


1) Preheat the oven to 350. Saute your mushrooms up in some butter and olive oil until they're nice and browned, set aside.

2) Scoop out one or two tomatoes from the can and kind of mash it with a spoon on top of the naan, spreading it about. Use as much tomatoes as you want for your sauce. Sprinkle the thyme/rosemary on top. Then add your cheese and mushrooms followed by a generous amount on pepper and a bit of salt.

3) Bake until bottom is mostly firm and cheese is melted (about 15 minutes).  Let the thing cool for a bit and add some chopped parsley.

IMG_2580

So good! Really, this is a fool-proof recipe that you can jazz up as much or as little as you want. Naans also freeze really well, so it might be a good idea to keep a few in the freezer for nights where you need to clear out the fridge or don't feel like cooking.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. First of all I would like to say great blog! I had a quick question in which I'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear your thoughts prior to writing. I have had a hard time clearing my thoughts in getting my thoughts out there. I do take pleasure in writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are lost simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any recommendations or hints? Kudos!|

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Well I am by no means a writing expert, but usually what works for me is that I'll think of things I want to write about when I'm out and about and only sit down to write once I know exactly what I want to accomplish. If I just sit down every night and try to write something, I'd just waste time trying to think of something. It's too much pressure! Maybe carry a little notebook around with you during the day and just jot down some topics/ideas that come to mind, I do that as well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...