So I had this dilemma tonight. I was dying for pasta but currently can't stomach tomato sauces. *shudder* There's something about really tomato-y smells that makes me sick. Hopefully this passes because 90% of my go to pasta recipes are tomato based. Anyway what I'm getting at is that I made this really easy pasta that didn't involve tomatoes and it was totally awesome. And pictures don't do it justice, so I just took photos of the ingredients.
Super Simple Pasta
- spaghetti noodles
- 4 heads of roasted garlic (recipe to come!)
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- chopped parsley (or arugula)
- Cook your spaghetti noodles in salted water. Before you drain the pasta though, use a mug to scoop out some of the pasta water and set aside.
- Add the pasta back to the (now empty) pot. Drizzle some olive oil and about half a cup of the reserved pasta water and toss the noodles. Then add in your lemon zest, lemon juice, roasted garlic cloves, cheese, and pepper. Use some tongs to really mix it up, you want the garlic evenly distributed, not in chunks, so mix mix mix.
- Garnish with parsley and more parm. You can never have enough cheese.