Saturday, 15 March 2014

DIY Mini Notebooks


Aren't these cute? I made them for my British crafty pen pal, Frankie last month (Hi Frankie!). We send each other letters and homemade things about once a month, it's super fun! I saw this post on Pinterest and knew I had to make me some. These little notebooks are really easy to make (especially if you have a sewing machine) and make lovely little gifts.

Materials

  • card stock cut into 3.5" x 5" pieces
  • graph, lined, or plain paper for the inside pages cut cut into 3.25" x 4.75"
  • sewing machine or needle and thread
  • alligator clips
  • things to decorate them

Make It!


  1. Fold your card stock in half and score it. Unfold it and lie it flat.
  2.  Line up your inside papers (I used 6 pieces per notebook) on the card stock and use the alligator clips to hold everything in place
  3. Flip your little stack of paper over so it's card stock side up. You should see the "seam" where you folded and scored the paper. 
  4. Using a sewing machine, sew along that seam on the spine, trying to make it as straight as possible. I found that I had to fiddle with the stitch size on my machine, a larger stitch seems to work better. 
  5. If you don't have a sewing machine you can just hand sew up the spine.
There you go! The hardest part of this whole thing is cutting the paper, seriously. Cutting small pieces of paper while trying to make them the same size is a skill I have not yet acquired. I think I may try making these again but make them bigger, more like a moleskine size.

Happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I loved these notebooks, they are so cute :) you're letter will be flying across the ocean to you soon, but I wanted to wait til after the wedding so I could send some pictures too!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...