There's this running joke in my family (there seems to be a lot of these actually) that I am a very ambitious yet lazy baker. That at least once a week I'll proclaim that I shall make something labour intensive like a cherry pie (from scratch!) only to wait an hour and then decide that I can just use a store bought crust, then change my mind to make something easier like cookies, to then not making anything and bringing a bag of chips over or something. Today was one of those days. Dave had a bbq to go to and I wanted to make this epic frozen peanut butter pie, only to feel rather lazy an hour later and decide to make these instead.
But these are delicious! And easy!
- tart shells
- package of instant chocolate pudding
- milk for the pudding (depends on the kind you buy, usually 2 cups)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- chopped graham crackers/ teddy grams
- chocolate chips
- mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375. Bake your empty tart shells for about 10-12 minutes until browned. Set aside to cool completely.
- Make your pudding according to the package directions, adding the cocoa to the mix. Set aside in the fridge for a few minutes to firm up a bit.
- Preheat your broiler
- Assemble your tarts! First spoon in some pudding, then sprinkle some graham crackers on top, then press some mini marshmallows and chocolate chips on top of that.
- Place all your tarts back on a baking tray and pop them under the broiler. DO NOT LEAVE THEM! It will literally take 15-30 seconds for the marshmallows to brown so have your oven mitts ready to take the tray out as soon as this happens.
I've made these with marshmallow fluff before too for a no-broil option, but these look a little prettier I think. There's something very summery about a toasted marshmallow, no?