Friday, 23 May 2014

Finding a New Normal



Man oh man are things different over here! Let's be real for a second ok? Life with a newborn is tiring, hard, at times kinda boring, but always so amazing. My days currently look like this:

Sleep as long as Iris lets me, feed her, change her, carry her around in a wrap while tidying up, feed her, watch Veronica Mars on Netflix, eat/brush my teeth/change my clothes when I remember, feed her, sing some songs, try to give Gus some attention, repeat a bazillion times. 

This is enough to drive anyone insane. I mean, I love this baby of mine, but mama feels like she's losing her mind sometimes. When I can get some free time, boy do I enjoy it. Whether it means stepping back and giving Iris some uninterrupted Daddy time, or having my dad come over for an hour so I can go to the library, I've been trying to have even just a few minutes to myself every day. I have a newfound respect for single mamas out there. Seriously, how do they do it?!

Needless to say, I haven't been crafting or cooking very much lately. Instead I read cookbooks or watch something on Netflix while cuddling a sleepy baby and life feels pretty darn great all the same.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...