Foodie Nat is back! Much to the delight of the household (read: Dave). After many long weeks subsisting off freezer meals that were packed away before Iris was born, I am now back to cooking on a semi-regular basis. Wahoo!
Last night I made a ridiculously good salad. I know it's poor taste to compliment your own food like that, but it totally deserves it, it's that good. We had this by itself for dinner and found it was plenty.
Chipotle Shrimp & Avocado Salad
Inspired from here
- mixed greens
- handful of cilantro chopped
- handful of cashews or other nuts chopped
- green onion
- raw deveined and peeled shrimp (as much as you want)
- chipotle spice (I used Mrs. Dash but you could use anything you want)
Salad Dressing (this makes enough for a few salads)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 lime juice (about 2-3 limes worth)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- salt and pepper
- squeeze of agave (or honey)
- Combine all salad dressing ingredients in a jar, shake it up and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan on medium-high heat. When the butter is bubbly, add the shrimp and sprinkle chipotle or other seasonings over them as they cook. When they are cooked through and pink, remove from pan and set aside.
- Put your veggies in a bowl/ platter, top with shrimp and drizzle some salad dressing overtop.