Monday, 29 September 2014
I don't know about you but I feel like we just got out of that horrible winter, and now it's fall again already! Oh boy. That being said, fall is by far my favourite season and with it brings many things that make me feel cozy and nostalgic inside. Here are a few things on my fall to-do list.
1) Visit a pumpkin patch. Dave and I always hit one up every fall to pick up some pumpkins and indulge in some hot apple cider but this year will be even more awesome because we can bring Iris! I remember when we used to go (before baby) and seeing small children posing with pumpkins everywhere. Babies on pumpkins, babies in pumpkins, babies eating pumpkins, that's totally gonna be us this year hahaha!
2) Go for more hikes. Lately the bugs have been just awful for forest hikes, so hopefully once the weather cools down it will make for more pleasant walking. I'm hoping for more evening walks with the 4 of us and with my good (and very pregnant) friend Mary.
3) Try some new bread recipes. I've been making no-knead bread for awhile now but I'd love to try my hand at egg bread which my BIL's girlfriend got me hooked on this summer. How hard can it be? Right?
4) Attempt crocheting. Again. Confession: I have tried to knit/crochet every fall for the past few years with little success. Bah! I've been super inspired by a few people on Instagram who are learning and having major success. This could be me.
5) Indulge in all things pumpkin. I know totally cliche right? I'm gonna indulge so hard that I'll be sick of pumpkin until this time next year.
Are you looking forward to any fall things?
Monday, 8 September 2014
I think this summer has been by far the busiest and best summer. Ever! When I was pregnant I didn't imagine that I could actually do so much during summer vacation with a new baby; it just didn't seem possible. I love how well Iris has fit into our little family adventures. This past weekend myself, Iris, Dave, and his brothers and their girlfriends all rented a cottage right on the water together. Using trusty ole Airbnb we found a great cozy cottage right on Bass Lake, complete with a canoe, outdoor deck overlooking the lake, a wood burning stove, and dock. It was great! Here are some photos from the weekend if you'd like to take a peek...
We spent the weekend relaxing on the dock, playing cards, drinking terrible souvenir alcohol, passing Iris around, and attempting to fish. Funny story, we are all terrible at fishing. Kevin caught a fish and just as he was yelling at us to look at it, it promptly fell off the hook and swam away. Jesse went to cast and got the hook stuck in the tree above him and I thought I caught something which really just turned out to be a rug on the bottom on the lake (which Dave had to swim out to untangle, hence the above picture).
I hate to get sappy on you, but family vacations like this just feel so much more complete now that Iris is here. I just love to see her hanging out with her aunts and uncles having a blast. I know she doesn't realize it yet, but she is so gosh darned loved!
Overall it was a lovely way to end the summer. Hopefully this will be a new tradition we can start together :)