Monday, 8 September 2014

The Young Nunns @ The Lake


I think this summer has been by far the busiest and best summer. Ever! When I was pregnant I didn't imagine that I could actually do so much during summer vacation with a new baby; it just didn't seem possible. I love how well Iris has fit into our little family adventures. This past weekend myself, Iris, Dave, and his brothers and their girlfriends all rented a cottage right on the water together. Using trusty ole Airbnb we found a great cozy cottage right on Bass Lake, complete with a canoe, outdoor deck overlooking the lake, a wood burning stove, and dock. It was great! Here are some photos from the weekend if you'd like to take a peek...



We spent the weekend relaxing on the dock, playing cards, drinking terrible souvenir alcohol, passing Iris around, and attempting to fish. Funny story, we are all terrible at fishing. Kevin caught a fish and just as he was yelling at us to look at it, it promptly fell off the hook and swam away. Jesse went to cast and got the hook stuck in the tree above him and I thought I caught something which really just turned out to be a rug on the bottom on the lake (which Dave had to swim out to untangle, hence the above picture).  

I hate to get sappy on you, but family vacations like this just feel so much more complete now that Iris is here. I just love to see her hanging out with her aunts and uncles having a blast. I know she doesn't realize it yet, but she is so gosh darned loved! 

Overall it was a lovely way to end the summer. Hopefully this will be a new tradition we can start together :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...