Thursday, 9 October 2014

Cake #1 (Green Velvet Cheesecake)


Recap: I am a woman on a mission. That mission: make 20 different cakes. And hopefully learn a few tricks along the way.

First off, I know what you must be thinking, "why green?!"  Well the truth is I set off to make a red velvet layer cheesecake from here and I quickly realized two things. The first, my springform pan is much larger than the one the recipe used, therefore it made a single thin cake, which I definitely could not cut into two layers. Secondly, I did not have red food colouring, but I did have a lot of teal which turned the cake a really dark mossy blue green. Ha!


So this cake pretty much has three layers: cake, cheesecake, and cream cheese frosting. Oh man. What I love about this cake is that it uses gelatine to set the cheesecake layer, which is something I've never tried before. To be honest, I almost prefer the texture than that of a traditional baked cheesecake. And can we just take a moment to notice my crumbled cake bits on top?! I actually squealed with delight I was so excited. It looks like a totally legit cake.



I think this cake project is off to a good start. 1 down, 19 to go. Oh boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...