Friday, 17 October 2014

Cake #2 (Chocolate Covered Oreo Cake)


Dang I'm on a roll! Cake number 2 dooooone! Alright, it may be a bit too early to pat myself on the back yet, especially since this cake was kinda, almost, a cheater cake. A cheater cake you ask? Well it contains two things I try really hard not to use: a cake mix and cool whip. Now I'm not gonna hate on cake mixes, but I almost feel guilty when I use one. But hey, that's my hangup. This cake is amazing and ridiculously easy. You should make it. 




Here's the recipe (courtesy of Dine&Dish which I slightly adapted)...

Chocolate Covered Oreo Cake 

Ingredients

  • chocolate cake mix (plus whatever the mix calls for)
  • 4 squares of bakers semi-sweet chocolate chopped
  • about 1/2 cup of whipping cream
  • 1 brick of cream cheese softened
  • 20 oreos chopped (or more! or less!)
  • 3 cups cool whip
  • 1/2 cup sugar

Make It!

  1. Make your cake according to the package. Make 2 round pans and let them cool.
  2. Whip cream cheese and sugar then add cool whip and add just over half of the oreos.
  3. Lay one layer of chocolate cake on a flat plate. Scoop all of the cream cheese filling on to the first layer, spreading it out into an even layer. Top with the second layer of cake.
  4. Melt the chocolate in a small pot (I never do that hot water bath thing, I know I know!) once it's melted, whisk in the cream. You're looking for a thick but pourable consistency. 
  5. Pour all the chocolate ganache in the middle of the top layer of the cake. Using a butter knife, gently spread the ganache to the sides of the cake until it spills over the sides. 
  6. Top with the rest of the chopped oreos

Done! Easy right?



On another note, please come by for cake! I've been giving most of the leftovers to my neighbour every week and I think he's starting to think I have a problem.

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...