Tuesday, 25 November 2014

Cake #7 (Red Velvet Bundt)


Ah red velvet. A lot of people I know proclaim that red velvet is their favourite cake ever. And whenever I sell anything red velvet related, it's always the first thing to go. But I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, red velvet sure does look pretty. It's probably the only cake I know of that has such an intense colour while still maintaining it's classic charm. But the actual taste? I don't know. I mean red velvet is essentially a plain buttermilk based cake with about 1 or 2 tablespoons of cocoa in it (with an equal amount of red food colouring!). Essentially a bland red chocolate cake. Ha! I bet you're dying to try this cake now!

Well wherever you fall of the red velvet spectrum you gotta admit, this cake looks pretty good. And with a good cream cheese frosting poured on top, it tastes pretty good too.


I made this one to sell at the christmas bazaar a few weekends back and it sold within the first 10 minutes. Side story: a blind woman bought it! Her husband came to my table with her on his arm and described the cake and 2 minutes later she came back saying she wanted it! Her husband must have done a great job in selling it to her ;)

Recipe used: Red Velvet Royale Cake 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...