Wednesday, 26 November 2014

Knitting Success! (finally!)


So I may have said this before, but I try to learn to knit/crochet every damn fall. For about 4 years now. I've had my mum, my oma, and my friends all try to teach me, but I never get to a point where I feel comfortable enough to actually finish a project. Let's just say there are a lot of half used balls of yarn stuffed in my craft armoire.

I recently came across this post by Elise and thought ONE LAST TIME. I went out, bought some more yarn and circular needles, waited for Iris to go down for her afternoon nap, prepared myself for failure and tried to knit a 2 colour cowl. And would you know it, the dang thing actually worked! As soon as I had knitted 4 rows with no holes I did a little happy dance and proceeded to knit for the next two hours. When Iris woke up I plunked her on the floor with some toys and sat on the couch and knitted for another two hours. I knitted and knitted some more. And then I actually casted off (throwing some knitting jargon at you now) and finished it!


I'm ridiculously proud of myself.  If you're looking for an easy project you can finish in a day or two I'd highly recommend checking out Elise's tutorial. Now I'm off to make Iris a mini version ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...