Monday, 3 November 2014

Watercolour Family Portraits


Lately I've been itching to update the art in the living room. I did some family portraits a few years back which I'm still into, but I was hoping for something that had all three of us in one painting. After looking online for some inspiration I came across this site that sells custom watercolour family portraits. Starting at $80 for 2 people, it was definitely something I could not afford. But the style was pretty simple so I thought to myself "I could totally do that!". 

I started by coping one of hers to get the feel for it then did a few using my own designs and poses from photos I had. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out! I'm thinking these would be great gifts, so I started doing a few rough ones of friends (with their signature red Hunter boots). I figure if they turn out, I can gift them, and if they don't, well it's good practice :) 


I foresee much painting in my future :)

P.S Let me know, if you'd like one!

3 comments:

  1. Love these! You are SO crafty! As I remember, you always were :) This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very interested to know what you are charging for your family portraits Natalie, as I too am looking for new wall art��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sarah! Why don't you shoot me an email at nataliedean89@yahoo.ca and we'll chat!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...