Monday, 1 December 2014

Cake #8 (Key Lime Cream Cake)


I am finding any excuse nowadays to make a cake, especially if it means that I don't have to keep the whole thing. Someone doing a bake sale? I'm bringing a cake! I have already mentally ticked off 4 cakes for my upcoming family holiday gatherings. Today my good friend had a day off so she drove down to come see me and Iris. My first thought? CAKE. Well I probably thought "YAY! Friend time!" first but cake was definitely the second thing I thought of. 

This cake was whipped up with a baby on my back and I'll be darned if it isn't the prettiest one I've made yet! It wasn't as lime-y as I would have liked but besides that it was pretty good. The whipped cream piped on top was a nice new addition from the other cakes I've made. 


My friend Jen suggested I should try an ice cream cake next. Hmmmm that may be one I'd want to keep all to myself...

Recipe (loosely followed): Bakerella

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...