Friday, 5 December 2014

Homemade Holiday: Snowflake Window


Well as you've probably gathered, I have a lot of time on my hands, especially days when I don't have a car and am confined to the apartment/walking distance of the apartment. So I thought I'd spend some time making the place all festive and cozy. Last year we didn't decorate or even put up a tree (?!?!) because we moved the week before Christmas, I was pregnant and Christmas decorations weren't that high on the list of things to unpack first. So after unpacking our decorations this year and sadly realizing that a) there were very few decorations in there and b) most of them were from Dollarama and in terrible shape I thought I'd take things into my own hands and make me a whole window of paper snowflakes!

I saw a version of this on Pinterest and thought it looked pretty neat. So with Iris chilling in her swing I sat on the floor, looked at this for guidance, and covered the entire living room floor with snowflakes and little bits of paper. After that I just used some clear tape to tape them to the main big window in the living room. I love it! It looks pretty cool from the road too.


This took a awhile to clean up with all the little bits of paper around and to be honest I'm not really looking forward to peeling all that tape off the window, but right now, I'm really liking the look of it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...