Thursday, 1 January 2015

Cake #9 (Toasted Coconut Cream)


This year I offered to make the birthday cake for my BIL's family get together. Mostly because the more cakes I bake the sooner I can finish my cake project but you know baking things for people is nice too ;) Unfortunately this particular BIL is a notoriously picky eater, so I knew for sure that this cake could not have pineapple or any kind of filling, especially jam filling. So after some investigation I figured out he liked coconut so a coconut cake it was.

I found this recipe in The Orange is the New Black Cookbook of all places and it was great! The original recipe was called Easter cake or something like that and was topped with plain coconut flakes, but personally I think toasted coconut is way better. The icing was just coconut cream, whip cream and a bit of sugar which I've never done before but it was super light and not too sweet.


It also looked very pretty with candles! I will definitely make this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...