Thursday, 12 February 2015

A Work in Progress: Family Yearbook


Hey there! Just thought I'd share one of the bigger projects I'm working on at the moment, The 2014 Family Yearbook! What's a family yearbook you ask? Well it's probably pretty obvious, I'm sure you didn't really even ask, but it's a photo album dedicated to an entire year. I'm not a huge fan of scrapbooking and this seemed like an easier alternative. I love this idea! I take a lot of photos and I spend a lot of time picking out the great ones and editing them. So I think it's really important to have these printed, instead of just hiding on my computer. Print your photos people!

What I did/am doing for mine:
  1. Buy a big photo album. I got mine at Michaels for 40% off (they always have a 40% coupon online, never pay for anything full price at Michaels!!) and it holds 400 photos
  2. Print your photos! I organize my photos by month on the computer so when they were printed they were already in order from Jan-Dec. I picked about 30 photos per month to print.
  3. Put them in your album in general order
  4. I cut out some white cardstock and plan to write up little comments or memories that go with each page, you can see how they're blank at the moment. 
  5. Make a "2014" label for the cover


In case you didn't realize, 2014 was kinda a big year for us. I love how this album starts off with lots of pictures of me pregnant and moves through the first 7 months of our life with Iris. I think this will be really special to us in the years to come. My plan is to make one every year. Can you imagine my great-grandkids looking through these?! Awesome! 

What do you think, would you make your own personal yearbook? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...