Thursday, 5 February 2015

Cake #11 (Chocolate Banana with Mascarpone Caramel Frosting)


This sounds like it should be a good cake. Like, a really good cake right? Sadly it was not. I don't know, maybe it was just me because my Dad seemed to be a big fan of it. But there was something about the banana in there that didn't seem right. If there was no banana I think it would have been better.

Anyway I did learn one great thing from this cake and that is mascarpone frosting. Omg mascarpone! I never went near it before because a small tub of it can be close to 8 or 9 bucks, yikes! But (tip!) Freshco sells it for around $6.99 which is worth it for me. How do I describe mascarpone? It's kind of like a smooth mixture of cream cheese and whipping cream. It's really good. I will for sure be using it much more in the future.


Notes:
Recipe inspired from here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...