Saturday, 8 August 2015

July Book Report


Relish, My Life in the Kitchen by Lucy Knisley: I've read this graphic novel before but I picked it up again because it's so great. A book about life that revolves around food with a few drawn recipes thrown in there. Love love love.

Me Before You by JoJo Moyes: Good lord. This book. I have to be honest that I only read the first third then skipped the middle and read the last third of the book (I had a feeling where the plot was going and was getting impatient). I hated how this book left me, which was a sad sobbing mess. I hate sad books! I want to feel great after reading a book, not terrible! Not for me.

The Storms of War by Kate Williams: I read this behemoth while camping and it was addicting. I personally love historical fiction and this one centered around a rich family during the arrival of WWI.

An Age of License by Lucy Knisely: This girl can do no wrong in my eyes.

The Storied Life of A.J Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin: A cute, easy read. I have a feeling this one may be a movie one day.

The Gallery of Vanished Husbands by Natasha Solomons: Totally picked this one based on its vintage cover, but so glad I did! I really really enjoyed this one. The characters were all very traditional Jewish so there were a lot of customs and phrases that I didn't understand so I felt like I missed out on some things, but still worth it.

Instructions For a Heat Wave by Maggie O'Farrell: A little tough to get through at times. It felt like a winter read, a little more dense and cozy than something I would read right now.

Beneath the Surface, Killer Whales, Sea World and the Truth Beyond Blackfish by John Hargrove: I don't usually pick up books like this but I've always been a big anti-Sea World/Marineland lady and really loved the documentary Blackfish. The book was written by one of the former Sea World trainers who worked with the orcas his whole career. It was interesting to see it from a point of view of someone who grew up wanting to work with whales, land his dream job and then make the decision to leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...