Friday, 28 August 2015

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies. Ever.


I have been looking for years YEARS (!) for the best chocolate chip cookie recipe and I think I've finally found it. I've tried them all, cakey chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookie dough cookies, crispy chocolate chip cookies, but I think this one is the best one yet. I recently took out this amazing cookbook called Milk Bar Life  which is written by the lady who created Momofuku Milk Bar and was intrigued by her cookie recipe because it calls for skim milk powder, which was something I've never baked with before. Needless to say, I've made these cookies every week for the past 3 weeks. Today I actually made a double batch of this cookie dough just to keep in the freezer so I can have fresh baked cookies whenever I want (read: after every meal).

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients
½ pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and just warm to the touch
¾ cup packed light brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons nonfat milk powder
1 ¼ teaspoons kosher salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
Make It! 
1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. With a wooden spoon, mix together the melted butter and sugars in a large bowl, until homogenous, about a minute. Add the egg and vanilla and stir until combined.
2. Mix in the flour, milk powder, salt, baking powder, and baking soda until just combined. Add the chips and mix until evenly distributed.
3. Portion 2 ¾ ounce scoops of dough about 2 to 3 inches apart onto a parchment paper-lined baking tray and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown. Cool completely on the pan.
Notes:
I bought my skim milk powder at Bulk Barn but you can find it near the powdered coffee creamer in the grocery store.
Want to try something amazing (I learned this from the cookbook as well) ? Take a frozen cookie dough ball, bake it at 500 for 3-4 minutes until the edges are just starting to brown, pop it in the fridge until firm and enjoy a cookie dough cookie. Part cookie, part cookie dough . Just make sure you eat it cold! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...