Friday, 25 September 2015

My New Day Job



As I've mentioned before, I recently started doing daycare from home to make a few extra bucks. If you would have asked me a year ago if I pictured myself doing home daycare I would have said "No, definitely not!". Having worked in a few daycares myself I found it to be kinda boring and rather repetitive. I remember once being told after playing "monster chase" with a group of excited preschoolers that I wasn't to join in on their play, but that I was just there to supervise (BORING) or at another daycare we had to sit everyday in a dark room for an hour while the kids slept, doing nothing (BORING!).  Not exactly what I pictured myself doing for the next few years. What did I picture myself doing? Not working, pursuing photography/ my creative hobbies, all while staying home with Iris. Ha! As thrifty as we are, it's hard to live off just one full paycheck. Do-able, but not worth all the sacrifices we'd have to make in order to make it do-able.

Anyway after many conversations I decided to re-think the daycare thing. I already had a friend and her sister who would be interested in putting their kids with me if I decided to do it, and (bonus!) they were only looking at care for 3 days a week. And doing daycare in my own home, where I was the boss actually started to sound quite appealing. I could plan all the activities/environments myself and when the kids slept I was free to get dinner ready or sit and read a book, yay!


I know staying at home with kids all day isn't everyones cup of tea, but for me in this period of my life I feel so lucky to be able to do it! I'm looking forward to sharing more about this later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...