Sunday, 27 September 2015

Where Am I?!


You know the one thing that sucks about being a photographer? I am never in any of the photos. Recently Dave and I were going through our summer photos and realized that I wasn't in any of them! I mean, I was obviously there, but when Iris looks back on these pictures when she's older, she will see none of me. Oh man, how sad right?!

I feel like most mums (or whoever is the main photographer in your family) fall into this invisible role. Especially once you have kids! You go from taking selfies all the time to taking photos of your kid and your loved ones with your kid, you completely forget to document yourself in any photographic way. I want to change that. Dave has been trying recently to get more photos of me, especially with Iris, and I think I want to go back to taking some self portraits more often. I want to be visible in my family photo albums!

Over the next few weeks I'm going to bust out my tripod and get some good self-portraits and maybe ask Dave to spend a few minutes getting some pictures of Iris and I together. In 2016 I'm gonna be all up in those family albums!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...