Saturday, 7 May 2016

My Favourite Everyday Granola


Not gonna lie, I never used to be a big fan of granola. But lately I just can't seem to get enough of it. Granola can be pretty pricey to buy especially from the market or at the store, and I find it's way cheaper (and tastes better!) when I make it at home. I tend to make a big batch on the weekend and it makes the house smell all cozy and delicious. Here's a general "recipe" of what I put in mine...

In a big bowl mix together:
3-4 handfuls of rolled oats
1 handful of quinoa flakes
1 handful of nuts (sliced almonds, cashews)
1 handful unsalted raw pumpkin seeds
1 handful shelled unsalted sunflower seeds
1 handful unsweetened shredded coconut
zest of one lemon or orange (this makes the granola in my opinion!)
a pinch or two of salt
a little shake of cinnamon (optional)
about a 1/4 to 1/3 cup of maple syrup or honey
a few tablespoons of olive oil

Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 350 stirring every 10 minutes until nice and brown and golden.

Let cool and then add:
1 handful of raisons
1 handful of chopped soft medjool dates

**everything can be easily found at Bulk Barn

I store mine in a giant mason jar on the counter. During the week we'll eat it for breakfast with plain greek yogurt, honey and fruit, or just have a little bowl to snack on and hold us over until the next meal. My dad eats it like cereal with milk.

So good!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...