Wednesday, 26 October 2016

Old School Record Stories


Iris is starting to give up her afternoon nap (a sad time in every parents life) so I've been trying to find things to entertain her quietly for the 2-3 hours in the afternoon when the other three boys are sleeping. Although it's really really tempting to just put Frozen on every afternoon so I can get a few minutes peace to myself I don't want to get into the habit of it. Recently Iris was looking through our record collection and found some old kids ones that I had originally bought to use as art. I hadn't even thought about putting them on for her before! And wouldn't you know it she actually sits and listens to it!



I'm kinda embarrassed to admit this, but I just assumed that listening to record stories would be boring for her, that since it wasn't a screen it wouldn't hold her attention. But she happily pulls out her toys, sits on the floor and quietly plays while she listens, "Mama, that's the wolf talking! He a bad guy!". Love it!  And really, I remember listening to stories like this that were my mums when I was a kid too and loving it. I'll have to look out for more the next time I'm out thrifting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...