Saturday, 6 October 2012

To Do: Thanksgiving Dinner

SO. This year I decided to be ambitious and cook my family's Thanksgiving Dinner (with the help of my brother). Ever since I got married I've been feeling very...adventurous in the kitchen? Domestic? Let's just say I have no qualms about my place being in the kitchen ;) I knew when I first started daydreaming about what I wanted to cook (yes, I daydream about these kinds of things) I knew I didn't want to cook anything traditional  No turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, or cranberry sauce. Where's the fun in that? So here is what I've come up with as an alternative:

(Click on name to see the recipe)



Roast Chicken (suck it, turkeys!) with root vegetables 



Pumpkin Risotto



Roasted Cauliflower Puree with romano, chives and garlic


Garlic Bruschetta


Dessert!



Cider Caramel Apple Pie



Spiced Cider Whoopie Pies 


Annnnnd...



Spiced Apple Cider


Yeah, so maybe a bit ambitious, but I have made versions of all these recipes before so hopefully it will all go smoothly. Also, I highly doubt if my food will come out looking as nice as the one in the pictures... Does it ever though?


Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...