Sunday, 17 February 2013

Adventures in Thrifting

IMG_1556

Those who know me well know that I love to thrift. It's come to the point where people don't even ask me where I got that cool shirt/jacket/whatever, they just say "Goodwill. right?" To which I reply "Aw yeah!" I used to be so ashamed when I bought something used in high school  I would always lie and say that it was from the Gap or something, but now? I feel like thrifting is SO AWESOME and I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS THAT I ONLY PAID $2 FOR THIS AMAZING USED SWEATER!

Yesterday Dave and I went to the local Salvation Army and found this amazing like new chair and ottoman. I'm pretty sure my Oma and Opa had the same one in their house at one point. We were on the fence about whether or not to get it (would it fit in our little apartment? Can we afford to buy a chair right now? And then noticed it was 50% off making it a mere $20. (Um, yes. Now it has a nice spot in our living room, and the sheepskin makes it extra cozy.

IMG_1562

What's the best thing you ever found at a thrift store?

5 comments:

  1. We were looking for a unique entertainment unit for our family room. We ended up getting a really cool looking dresser. We painted it black, took the top drawer out and put in a shelf. Now it fits our "Safari" themed family room perfectly. It cost us $15 for dresser, paint and shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- nice find! I still haven't been able to find worth-while furniture at a thrift store. I'll keep looking...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this chair! We always have a hard time finding good quality furniture while thrifting. But Good Work on this one! Xo, M&K at BT

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is the most awesome chair i have ever seen! if i found that at the thrift store id probably pee my pant from excitement. i still havent been able to score any quality furniture and when i do see something i like i feel like goodwill here in vegas overprices it so much that i dont even feel its worth getting. my favorite goodwill purchase are probably an old white knitted grandma sweater and a pair of awesome cowboy boots displayed on my recent post "thankful"
    www.sincerelywhitney.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...