Everything tastes better on puff pastry. This was a super easy lunch I made today and man does it look legit or what? Like something right out of a cookbook right?!
Pesto Zucchini Goat Cheese on Puff Pastry
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1/3 cup walnuts (cheaper than pine nuts and tastes better in pesto in my opinion)
- 1/3 -1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- juice of half a lemon
- salt & pepper
- box of desfrosted puff pastry
- 2 zucchini
- goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400. Make your pesto. Throw all of the pesto ingredients into a magic bullet/blender until its spreadable
- Roast your zucchini. Thickly slice them, toss in olive oil and place on a pan with salt & pepper and bake them until they smell amazing and have caramelized a bit (around 10-15 minutes)
- Roll out your puff pastry (I only used 1 of the 2 bricks in the box) until its pretty thin. remember it's called puff pastry so its going to rise a lot.
- Spread the pesto over the whole thing, top with roasted zucchini and crumble some goat cheese on top. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes until its puffed and the pastry is a little brown.
- Take it out, throw some arugula on top and you have one fancy lunch pastry!