Thursday, 11 April 2013

Roasted Root Vegetable Salad

009

The other night Dave was out of town for a concert so that meant it was just me for dinner. When he's not home for dinner I either love to eat dessert for dinner (with, like a bite of a vegetable so I don't feel too guilty) or I bust out the foods he doesn't like, and last night that meant BEETS.

Oh man I looooove beets! I feel like Bubba does with shrimp only about beets. I could eat them steamed, pickled, sauteed, baked, fried, you name it. But Dave, he seems to think they taste "like dirt". It's really his only negative trait so I can't complain too much.

I just ate this for dinner but this would be just as good as a side or for lunch too.

Roasted Root Vegetable Salad



  • 3 large carrots (cut into thinish chunks)

  • 3 parsnips (cut into thinish chunks)

  • 4-5 small beets (scrubbed and peeled and quartered

  • arugula

  • feta or goat cheese


Salad Dressing



  • 2 tbsp white wine vinegar

  • small pinch of salt, sugar, and pepper

  • 4 tbsp olive oil

  • 1 tbsp minced shallot or onion


Make It


1) Preheat your oven to 400. Line a baking tray with tinfoil. Toss your root veggies with olive oil, scatter them on the tray and salt and pepper them. Bake for about 30-40 minutes until soft and caramelized (I like mine a tad bit burnt, they get really sweet that way). Let them cool for about 15 minutes.

2) Fill your bowl up with arugula and toss your veggies on top. Crumble some cheese on top (as much as you want really). Mix the dressing ingredients together and pour over top.

Done!

015

P.S I got a new camera! As in a real camera. As in a Canon Rebel t3i! Wohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...