Wednesday, 31 July 2013

DIY Face Scrub

facescrub

Here's a super easy face scrub that I've been using for the past month or so. I decided to try to make some of my everyday face lotions and potions after realizing that I spend a crazy amount of money at Shoppers Drugmart. Before I was really into St. Ives apricot scrub but I'd go through it pretty quickly. This though, I can whip up whenever as I have all of the ingredients just lying around anyway, score!

Face Scrub


Ingredients



  • 1 cup sugar

  • 1 tbsp honey

  • 1 tbsp olive oil

  • 1 tbsp sweet almond oil (if you don't have sweet almond, you can just use more olive oil)

  • 6 drops essential oil (I use grapefruit)

  • splash of water (optional)


To make it just mix everything in a mason jar until it's a nice paste. I found that I like to add a splash of water to it to loosen it just a bit. Play around with the ingredients, if it's too rough, add more oil, or if it's too oily just add more sugar. I was a bit put off by how oily it felt at first, but once you dry your face off with a towel it removes most of the oil, leaving your face nice and moisturized.
IMG_2558

I really like the idea of making some of my everyday beauty products, especially when you read about all the terrible stuff that's in most things. I went to a talk last year (by this lovely lady) where she talked about all the crap that's in your beauty products, and it was a big eye opener!

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to try this .. right away :D Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live off this now!! Its amazing and feel so good after! Extra big bonus is that its all natural and it can be all found in your cupboard!! Thanks for sharing Nat!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...