Monday, 14 October 2013

Roasted Garlic

IMG_5221Roasted garlic is one of the simplest things you can make yet I feel like no one makes it. When I first read up on how to make it last year all I could think was "Seriously?? That's it?!" Roasted garlic is soft, slightly sweet and has a really deep but not overwhelming garlic taste to it. It's mellow enough that you could easily eat them by themselves and not think anything of it (a lot of people have a hard time believing this part at first).  So I am going to change your life and show you how to make it. Because once you make it, you'll want it around all the time.

Roasted Garlic


Ingredients



  • several heads of garlic (I usually do 5 or 6 at a time)

  • olive oil (I just use the cheap stuff for this)

  • salt & pepper


Make It!



  1. Preheat your oven to 400

  2. Take your heads of garlic and slice off the top part, like your giving it a little bit of a haircut. You just want to expose the tops of all of the garlic cloves inside.

  3. Place each clove in a piece of tinfoil and mold the foil around the bottom. Drizzle the top of the head with about a tablespoon of olive oil (it should kind of seep in between the cloves). Sprinkle some salt and pepper on top

  4. Now totally wrap the garlic with the tinfoil so the oil won't leak out

  5. Place the individual garlics in a muffin tin and put in the oven to bake for about 30-40 minutes. You'll know when they're done when your kitchen smells amazing and when you peel back the tinfoil the cloves are browned and soft. IMG_5211IMG_5214IMG_5215


When the cloves are cooled, I like to squeeze them out of their papery shells and put them in a little jar and cover with olive oil. Roasted garlic tastes amazing spread on grilled bread, in pasta, on baked potatoes, and is great to bring along with you camping. There are really endless ways to use it, and it's so cheap! I think I got my last pack of 5 garlic for about $1.50.

I highly recommend you give this baby a try, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...