- several heads of garlic (I usually do 5 or 6 at a time)
- olive oil (I just use the cheap stuff for this)
- salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400
- Take your heads of garlic and slice off the top part, like your giving it a little bit of a haircut. You just want to expose the tops of all of the garlic cloves inside.
- Place each clove in a piece of tinfoil and mold the foil around the bottom. Drizzle the top of the head with about a tablespoon of olive oil (it should kind of seep in between the cloves). Sprinkle some salt and pepper on top
- Now totally wrap the garlic with the tinfoil so the oil won't leak out
- Place the individual garlics in a muffin tin and put in the oven to bake for about 30-40 minutes. You'll know when they're done when your kitchen smells amazing and when you peel back the tinfoil the cloves are browned and soft.
When the cloves are cooled, I like to squeeze them out of their papery shells and put them in a little jar and cover with olive oil. Roasted garlic tastes amazing spread on grilled bread, in pasta, on baked potatoes, and is great to bring along with you camping. There are really endless ways to use it, and it's so cheap! I think I got my last pack of 5 garlic for about $1.50.
I highly recommend you give this baby a try, enjoy!