Aren't these cute? I made them for my British crafty pen pal, Frankie last month (Hi Frankie!). We send each other letters and homemade things about once a month, it's super fun! I saw this post on Pinterest and knew I had to make me some. These little notebooks are really easy to make (especially if you have a sewing machine) and make lovely little gifts.
- card stock cut into 3.5" x 5" pieces
- graph, lined, or plain paper for the inside pages cut cut into 3.25" x 4.75"
- sewing machine or needle and thread
- alligator clips
- things to decorate them
- Fold your card stock in half and score it. Unfold it and lie it flat.
- Line up your inside papers (I used 6 pieces per notebook) on the card stock and use the alligator clips to hold everything in place
- Flip your little stack of paper over so it's card stock side up. You should see the "seam" where you folded and scored the paper.
- Using a sewing machine, sew along that seam on the spine, trying to make it as straight as possible. I found that I had to fiddle with the stitch size on my machine, a larger stitch seems to work better.
- If you don't have a sewing machine you can just hand sew up the spine.