Friday, 4 April 2014

DIY Confetti Garland


I love me a garland. Sadly up until today the only one I knew how to make was the classic paper chain one. Which although is very easy and can look pretty cool at new years, it's not something you really want to keep up every day. I had read a few tutorials on how to sew a garland but I was a little uneasy about sewing tiny pieces of paper on my sewing machine (would the paper rip? would I accidentally sew my fingers?!). But it was actually a really quick and painless thing to make! If you have a sewing machine, you can easily whip one of these babies up in 15 minutes.



I decided to buy some precut confetti instead of buying a punch and paper and spending hours punching them all out. I found a bag of pre-cut gold card stock confetti in the party section of Target for $3.



So really all you have to do is get your sewing machine, pull the two threads out about 20 cm to be one of the ends of your garland and then just feed the pieces of confetti through one at a time. You don't have to push it all the way through the machine as it'll kind of grab it and pull it through itself (I clearly have no idea how to talk about sewing machines, sorry). But still, watch your fingers! If you want space between your confetti, just add a few stitches before you feed the next piece through. When you get to the end, pull the threads out another 20 cm and cut. BAM. CONFETTI GARLAND. 



I put mine up in the baby room above the change pad, but you can use yours for cooler things like decorations for raging champagne parties or photobooth backdrops. Things I obviously will not be doing anytime soon.

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...