Saturday, 10 May 2014

Iris is Here!



Well last week I had me a baby! It was the most intense and slightly traumatizing experience of my life so far but it was totally worth it, because look at this adorable baby I got out of it! Iris is a hefty little thing, weighing in at 9 pounds 6 ounces which is crazy! I still can't believe that a baby of her size came out of me. Oh man. The beauty of birth.



Anyway the past week has been really really hard. SO HARD. Mamahood is one of those things that you can really not even begin to prepare yourself for. I mean, you know you're not going to get any sleep, but you don't really get it until you're on day three of actual getting no sleep. Let's just say there's been a lot of crying around here from both parties.

But it hasn't all been rough. And every day it's gets a little bit easier.  It's been really amazing to see brothers become uncles, parents become grandparents and especially Dave and I become mama and daddy. And when Iris gets this drunk sailor look on her face after I've been feeding her for what feels like days on end, I die! I wouldn't change it for the world.


I mean, come on! Look at that face!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...