Sunday, 8 June 2014

DIY Cookbook Gallery


I don't know about you, but I have a lot of cookbooks. And no bookshelves. When we moved into this small apartment we had to downsize our furniture quite a bit to make room for Iris related things. This meant packing up our two bookcases and books and putting them into storage (read: my parents attic, sorry dad!). Cookbooks, on the other hand, have been piled up in the kitchen in the space meant for a microwave, and not very neatly either. 


 I wanted to find a way that we could display part of my cookbook collection while keeping it neatly organized. I saw this on apartment therapy and knew that was exactly what I wanted. They just used picture ledges from Ikea but Dave said he could make them for less money. Score! Have a look!



Aren't these awesome? I love being able to see the covers rather than just the spines. I feel totally inspired to cook every time I see it. Also, it feels like I'm in my own personal bookstore ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...