Monday, 17 November 2014

My Little Bakery (for an afternoon)


I would love to own a bakery, but let's be real, owning a brick and mortar business is crazy hard! And expensive! So instead I play out my bakery fantasy this way.  A few times a year I'll rent a table with my mum at a craft or christmas bazaar and bake my heart out, it's the best. I started about 3 years ago and I remember being so nervous. What if no one bought anything?! What if someone else was selling baked things that looked and tasted better than mine?! Would I be able to bake everything in time?! It was totally out of my comfort zone, but I am so glad I started, because now I'm hooked! 

This time I had blueberry cheesecake and spiced pumpkin cupcakes, red velvet cake pops, confetti cookie sandwiches, nutella stuffed cookies, a red velvet cake, and my latest baking obsession, french macarons. Not to brag or anything but I had a woman tell me she's eaten a lot of macarons and mine were the second best macarons she's ever had, the best being from Nadege Patisserie. Ok that totally was bragging, sorry.  But cool right?!

I never make a crazy amount of money or anything, just enough to cover my expenses and help out a bit with christmas shopping, usually around $100 profit. But to be honest, I don't really do it for the money. I love making things and the fact that people will buy and enjoy them makes my heart happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...