Monday, 27 April 2015

PB Honey Snack Cake (Cake #14)


Finally, a new cake! I've been meaning to try this peanut butter cake recipe for the past week and today my coolest friend (Sue!) was coming to visit and I had promised her cake. After a morning of trying to get a cranky baby to nap, I opened my fridge to find I had no milk or eggs for said cake, gah! So I had to improvise big time, but the results were great! I used applesauce instead of eggs and almond milk instead of regular milk. Then I decided to switch out the sugar for honey to make it more Iris friendly, so I guess you can say this is sugar free and vegan too. But let's not focus on that because no one gets excited about sugar-less vegan cake generally.

Anyway here's the recipe:

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup honey + more for drizzle
  • 1/2 peanut butter
  • 1 cup flour
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 cup applesauce
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 cup oil
Make It!
1) Mix the dry ingredients. Mix the wet. Mix together.
2) Spread into a loaf pan and bake at 350 for about 25 minutes.
3) Once it's cooled a bit drizzle more honey on top.


I liked this one! It was really good with tea. And since it's not iced (and has no sugar) I was cool with Iris having a small piece with us too. I should mention that this doesn't taste like a sugar free cake, I swear!

Happy baking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...