Friday, 3 July 2015

June Book Report


Yes Please by Amy Poehler: I plowed through this in a day and a half, it was such a great book! I'm a big fan of the funny-lady-memoir genre (loved Tina Fey, Mindy Kaling and Lena Dunham's as well) and this one was probably the best out of all of them. It wasn't as laugh out loud funny as I expected it to be but in a good way. I loved her whole concept of time traveling and living in the moment.

The Forest Feast by Erin Gleeson: This was a beautiful looking book filled with vegetarian recipes. We ate an entire weeks worth of recipes from it and were not disappointed!

How to be Parisian Wherever You Are: Love, Style and Bad Habits by Anne Berest: Oh dear, I did not like this book at all. It was pretty to look through but when I actually read it it left a rather bad taste in my mouth. The general gist of being parisian (apparently) is to smoke lots, cheat on your man and don't feel bad about it, never sacrifice anything for your children, be rude because it's chic, and wear mens shirts. Pass!

The Woefield Poultry Collective by Susan Juby: Oh my gosh, go read this book! This was by far my favourite book so far this year. I pestered Dave to read this as well and he too is now a big fan of the characters of Woefield Farm. The best part about it? It's part of a series!

Born Weird by Andrew Kaufman: Another amazing book. Remember before how I gushed about this book you just had to read? This is by that same author. It focuses on 5 siblings whose grandmother gave them blessings when they were born but turned out to be more like curses. I love his style of writing.

We Are Called To Rise by Laura McBride: This one was tough to read, but in a good way. This book made me very weepy and I stayed up late into the night addicted to the story and where it was going.

What are you reading lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...