Saturday, 25 July 2015

Thoughts on the 20 Cake Challenge


Remember when I made 20 cakes? I started it as a way to push myself out of my comfort zone, baking wise, and try a long term project. Here are some thoughts I have looking back on it:
  • 20 cakes is a lot of cakes
  • while I love the look of a completely frosted cake, a simple frosting topped cake is way easier
  • speaking of easier, the loaf cake is my new favourite cake shape
  • don't knock the cake mix! Although I would obviously want to make and eat a cake from scratch, cake mixes are good when you want to try out new fillings and frostings but either don't want to spend too much money or time on the actual cake part
  • when people come over and you have cake, they are very happy
  • it's all about the sprinkles and toppings, especially when those toppings are candied bacon pieces
  • piping icing on a cake is not really that hard, just time consuming. Definitely worth it for fancier cakes though 


I think if I had to pick my favourite cake it would probably be the Toasted Coconut Cream which I found in the Orange is the New Black cookbook. My mouth waters just looking at it! 

Stay tuned for my next 20 project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...