Saturday, 17 September 2016

Mendfulness Retreat


Today I went to a crafting retreat! An eco craft retreat! Or as I fondly referred to it, the "hippie dippie crafty retreat"! A few months ago I had signed up for Little City Farm's Mendfulness Retreat. I was very pregnant at the time and knew I would have to bring the new baby with me, but I was really hoping I would get one of those easy babies that I could wear all day and still participate. Well, lucky for me, I did get one of those babies so today went really well! 

The day consisted of a whole bunch of workshops you could sign up for ranging from how to mend clothes in cool ways to making rag rugs out of old t-shirts. Halfway through the day they laid out a huge feast of homemade food, including flatbreads made in the outdoor wood burning oven, a bunch of dips, veggies and some really funky (but amazing!) fermented things. There was also a swap table where you could leave or take any fabric, yarn, or crafting supplies too. 


Harvey was so so great the whole day! I was a bit nervous taking him. Would he cry the whole time? Would it be weird to take a baby to this thing? Would I be able to participate? But the owner kindly told me I could use the on-site B&B to feed him or just go to if I needed a break with him. So every 2 hours or so when he would start to get restless I'd go on up to the B&B, pop him out of the wrap, feed him, change him and let him kick around on the futon couch for a bit. Then I'd re-wrap him and join the workshops again. Having him there was honestly so easy, definitely not what I expected. And I still was able to participate in most of the workshops too!


I'm so glad I got the chance to go to this! I feel like my mental wellness got a huge boost by getting out, being creative, and socializing with new people.

You can check out Little City Farm's website HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...